Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us through the Services or otherwise. For example, we collect information when you create an account, update your profile, sign up for our newsletter, use our device for a workout, sync your workout history to our server, make a purchase, request customer support or otherwise provide information to us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, shipping or billing address, payment method information, workout history and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
• Log Information: We collect log files in connection with your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
• Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
• Location Information: We may collect information about your location through various technologies, including by deriving approximate location from IP address. With your consent, we may also collect more precise location via our mobile app.
• After you use the COROS app to upload your device's routine tracking data and motion, the data will be uploaded to the server store, and the uploaded data will include steps, calories, heart rate, activity time, activity data, and activity trajectory. You can turn off the GPS switch at the end of the watch, and you will no longer be able to record your trajectory and upload server storage when you move. If you are using the map rendering function, we will send your location information to the map rendering service provider who can draw and display your location on the map according to the agreement, these suppliers are not allowed to share or use this data for any other purpose.
• App Crash Report and feature usage report: when your COROS app is not functioning properly, your app may send crash reports to our team for analysis. This report is anonymous and does not contain any personal information. The app also collects user behavior data anonymously to provide feedback to the developers about which features are most popular in order for our developers to make the best decision for future product development.
• Emergency Contact: When using the emergency contact function of the helmet, you will enter the phone contact and memo information for the emergency contact in advance, which is only used when you are wearing a helmet and connected to the app ride, the helmet recognizes this emergency and requests the app to request the server to send a message to the emergency contact. We will not expose this contact for other purposes. In the event of an accident that triggers the sending of a text message, we will include the location information in the message sent and the local time when the accident occurred to the previously set emergency contact.
We will not be held responsible for the SOS SMS delivery failure due to interruption of SMS carrier service or no response.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media service, we will receive certain information from that service, such as your name, account information or friends list, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by that service.
Use of Information
We may combine the information we collect about you and use this information to:
• Provide, maintain and improve our Services and develop new products and services;
• Provide and deliver the products or services you request or purchase;
• Send you notices, updates, alerts, confirmations, customer service responses, and other support and administrative messages;
• Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, or other information we think will be of interest to you;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
• Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of COROS and others; and
• Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match your profile or interests.
Sharing of Information
• With service providers that carry out work on our behalf;
• If you choose to connect your COROS account to other 3rd party services, such as Strava, TrainingPeaks or other services not explicitly listed for auto-sync, your data will be automatically sent to them. You can disable the auto-sync settings on your COROS app at any time, but the data sent to the 3rd party platform will stay there unless deleted from their server.
• If you participate in interactive areas of our Services, certain information about you may be displayed publicly via the Services, such as your username and profile information;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of COROS or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
• Between and among COROS and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
• With your consent or at your direction, we may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advanced Workout Raw Data
Advanced workout raw data, including the source data of your COROS device’s GPS, heart rate, battery performance, etc. are stored on your COROS device. You may be requested to send the raw data via the COROS app to our team when you reaching out for customer support or troubleshooting. Additionally, our team requires raw data submission in order to determine hardware failure in response to warranty claims.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as with other social networks), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your connections or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Delete of Your Account
You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request your COROS account be deleted, including all personal data. A copy of your workout history in a .fit file format may also be requested from this email.